JCPenney Retirement Specialist
Helping JCP Employees Prepare for Retirement Expertise
We have many years of experience working with JCP employees and retirees. We've helped our JCP clients navigate the ups-and-downs of the market, and we've helped them tackle plan changes that have occurred along the way. We invite you to explore how our retirement and investment expertise can help you pursue a long and rewarding retirement. When clients first meet with us, they often have important questions about their retirement options and long-term game plan. We can help you answer and address these important questions, such as:
- Have I selected the right investments and allocation within the 401K plan?
- Am I on track to meet my target retirement date?
- How does my JCP pension work in relation to Social Security and my investments?
- What is a Stretch IRA and how does that benefit my heirs?
- What happens to my 401K after I retire?
- What are my health and life insurance options if I leave the company?
Our JCP expertise
Guided Path serves hundreds who work for or have retired from JCP. Our in-depth knowledge of JCP's benefits and programs can help you:
- Select investments and determine the best allocation for the JCP Savings Plan
- Make decisions on the Supplemental Retirement Plan (SRP), Benefits Restoration Plan (BRP), and Mirror Plan.
- Navigate the JCP Powerline System, including updates to beneficiaries, 401K rollovers, and pension payouts.
- Determine, if available, whether you should participate in the Voluntary Early Retirement Programs (VERP).
- Decide if an "In Service Rollover" will benefit you.
Retirement income planning
- The number one goal for our retiring clients is to ensure an ongoing income stream after retirement.
- We utilize an Income for Life model to help you plan for and generate a sustainable income stream throughout your retirement. This process illustrates how your JCP pension income, Social Security and investments work together to maximize your long-term income stream.
- We stay current with the ever changing Social Security rules to help you determine when you and your spouse's payouts should start.
- We help you choose which health insurance is best for you as you head into retirement to protect your income stream from unexpected health care expenses. Options may include an individual plan, Cobra, Medicare, or a combination of plans.